A season-best displaying for Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes; a career-best Paul Ricard consequence for Carlos Sainz; and a few residence factors ultimately for Esteban Ocon. Sunday’s French Grand Prix generated a plethora of fascinating figures – right here’s only a handful of highlights…
• Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton completed on the rostrum collectively for the fiftieth time in Method 1.
• Verstappen received his seventh race of the yr in his one hundred and thirtieth race for Pink Bull, breaking Mark Webber’s staff file.
REPORT: Verstappen wins the 2022 French Grand Prix as pole-sitter Leclerc crashes out of the lead
• Verstappen joins Sir Jackie Stewart on 27 race wins, tied for seventh place within the all-time checklist.
• Verstappen led the 1,five hundredth lap of his profession at the moment, making him the thirteenth driver to achieve that complete.
• Hamilton gave Mercedes their first top-two end of 2022 after they beforehand completed third in seven different Grands Prix this yr.
• Hamilton completed second in his three hundredth Grand Prix begin. It was the forty ninth time he is completed second in an F1 race, extending his all-time file.
• With George Russell in P3, Mercedes bought each vehicles on the rostrum for the primary time in 2022.
• Russell has completed within the high 5 at each race this yr when he has bought past the primary nook.
• Carlos Sainz began nineteenth for Ferrari, completed fifth and set the quickest lap. He additionally ran 24 laps on the medium tyre mid-race, matching the longest stint by any driver on that compound in 2021.
• P5 was Sainz’s best-ever end at Paul Ricard.
DRIVER OF THE DAY: Comeback king Sainz will get your vote in France
• En path to P6 for Alpine, Fernando Alonso broke the all-time file for laps accomplished in Method 1, passing Kimi Raikkonen’s mark of 18,621.
• It was solely Alonso’s second top-six end of 2022 (he was fifth at Silverstone).
• It was additionally Alpine/Renault’s finest consequence at Paul Ricard because the French Grand Prix returned to the calendar in 2018.
• With Alonso’s staff mate Esteban Ocon in P8, each Alpines completed within the high eight for the primary time this season.
• P8 was Ocon’s first-ever factors end in his residence Grand Prix.
• McLaren’s Lando Norris was seventh for the second consecutive race.
• With P9, staff mate Daniel Ricciardo scored factors in consecutive races for the primary time this season.
• The McLaren drivers completed in the identical positions they did within the Austrian Grand Prix.
• Lance Stroll took his fourth factors end of the yr, all of which have been for tenth place, as his Aston Martin staff celebrated 100 years since their first Grand Prix entry.
• Staff mate Sebastian Vettel was proper behind in P11 – the primary time he is failed to attain at Paul Ricard.
• Charles Leclerc has now retired whereas main at three completely different Grands Prix this season, equal to a possible lack of 75 factors (Spain, Azerbaijan and France). His Ferrari is known as the F1-75.
READ MORE: ‘I am dropping too many factors’ says Leclerc as he takes blame for ‘unacceptable’ mistake that value him lead in France