A compelling F1 season continues on Sunday with the Canadian Grand Prix at Montreal’s Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, as Max Verstappen begins on pole forward of shock bundle Fernando Alonso.
Verstappen stormed to a scintillating pole as he dominated qualifying in changeable circumstances to proceed his quest for a second world championship, whereas Alonso will begin second for Alpine – the skilled campaigner additionally getting on high of the climate to take his first front-row begin in over a decade.
Carlos Sainz begins third for Ferrari with Lewis Hamilton in a position to compete close to the highest of the sector as a result of inclement climate, the seven-time world champion taking fourth for Mercedes.
Verstappen arrived in Canada on high of the drivers’ standings after a dream weekend for Purple Bull in Azerbaijan final day out, which additionally noticed them develop their lead within the constructors’ championship as Ferrari suffered a double retirement.
In the meantime Hamilton was left with extreme again ache as a result of porpoising problem together with his Mercedes automobile, however the seven-time world champion confirmed he’s match to race this weekend.
He’s nonetheless taking part in catch-up to teammate George Russell, although, who claimed third in Azerbaijan and sits a formidable fourth within the standings regardless of Mercedes’ struggles this season. Right here is every part you’ll want to know:
When is the Canadian Grand Prix race?
Sunday 19 June
How can I watch it on-line and on TV?
Your complete race schedule will likely be broadcast reside on Sky Sports activities F1 whereas highlights of Sunday’s race will likely be accessible on Channel 4.
For those who’re not a Sky buyer you may seize a NOWTV Day Cross right here to observe with no subscription.
We might earn fee from a few of the hyperlinks on this article, however we by no means permit this to affect our content material. This income helps to fund journalism throughout The Impartial.
What’s the beginning grid?
- Max Verstappen – Purple Bull
- Fernando Alonso – Alpine
- Carlos Sainz – Ferrari
- Lewis Hamilton – Mercedes
- Kevin Magnussen – Haas
- Mick Schumacher – Haas
- Esteban Ocon – Alpine
- George Russell – Mercedes
- Daniel Ricciardo – McLaren
- Zhou Guanyu – Alfa Romeo
- Valtteri Bottas – Alfa Romeo
- Alexander Albon – Williams
- Sergio Perez – Purple Bull
- Lando Norris – McLaren
- Pierre Gasly – AlphaTauri
- Sebastian Vettel – Aston Martin
- Lance Stroll – Aston Martin
- Nicholas Latifi – Williams
- Charles Leclerc – Ferrari
- Yuki Tsunoda – AlphaTauri
Max Verstappen has prolonged his lead on the high of the drivers’ championship, and proper now his closest rival is his teammate Sergio Perez. That can change, you watched, if Ferrari can get on high of their reliability points as a result of clearly Charles Leclerc has the tempo in qualifying, however with only some days till the Canadian Grand Prix will get beneath approach, Ferrari would not have a lot time to get their automobile proper.
1. Max Verstappen, Netherlands, Purple Bull Racing, 150 factors.
2. Sergio Perez, Mexico, Purple Bull Racing, 129.
3. Charles Leclerc, Monaco, Ferrari, 116.
4. George Russell, Nice Britain, Mercedes, 99.
5. Carlos Sainz Jr, Spain, Ferrari, 83.
6. Lewis Hamilton, Nice Britain, Mercedes, 62.
7. Lando Norris, Nice Britain, McLaren, 50.
8. Valtteri Bottas, Finland, Alfa Romeo Racing, 40.
9. Esteban Ocon, France, Alpine, 31.
10. Pierre Gasly, France, Alphatauri, 16.
11. Fernando Alonso, Spain, Alpine, 16.
12. Kevin Magnussen, Denmark, Haas F1 Crew, 15.
13. Daniel Ricciardo, Australia, McLaren, 15.
14. Sebastian Vettel, Germany, Aston Martin, 13.
15. Yuki Tsunoda, Japan, Alphatauri, 11.
16. Alexander Albon, Thailand, Williams, 3.
17. Lance Stroll, Canada, Aston Martin, 2.
18. Guanyu Zhou, China, Alfa Romeo Racing, 1.
Purple Bull have prolonged their lead over Ferrari with an ideal weekend in Azerbaijan, as Verstappen and Perez collected a one-two and Ferrari recorded a double retirement. The hole between the 2 groups is now 80 factors, and Purple Bull are placing themselves in a wonderful place to lastly win the producers’ prize after a lot Mercedes domination.
1. Purple Bull Racing, 279.
2. Ferrari, 199.
3. Mercedes, 161.
4. McLaren, 65.
5. Alpine, 47.
6. Alfa Romeo Racing, 41.
7. Alphatauri, 27.
8. Haas F1 Crew, 15.
9. Aston Martin, 15.
10. Williams, 3.